Assistant Marketing Manager
We are an entertainment company, so most of the work stems from personal connections and interpersonal relationships. It is important that you like the business we are in, and favour a very loose and agile approach in problem solving. It would also be fantastic to be able to know the latest trends in the dance music scene and share this with others in the company.
We’re looking for electronic dance music lovers that is seeking a dream job with Asia’s Top Superclub – Zouk. The position is for an Assistant Marketing Manager to be based at our KL office. Our club is at the fore-front of nightlife music experiences, and we seek people who want to effectively grow the brand further.
You will advocate our anchor nights and international music events to new and existing patrons. Part of the job requires strong event organization and creative thinking. Passion for music and being in the know is key in developing content, as well as to write presentation decks that is convincing and tells a musical story that is worth listening to. Do note, that we favour people who are in the scene and has a fantastic track record with promoters, PR/media, as well as vendors. Understanding of bar or dance club operations is great but not necessary.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :
- Attend house events and other key events happening around KL after hours to be in the know.
- Manage and execute marketing decks for key events as well as International acts
- Implementation of marketing plans, including product positioning, campaign strategies, and market strategy insights on site at events
- Discovery of strategic business opportunities through cross functional collaboration with Business Development as well as day and night operation teams
- Marketing opportunity for revenue growth and numbers driven
- Prepare and produce marketing collateral support in order to establish proper channels of information and communication.
- Responsible for branding, advertising, and promotional collateral – print, digital and social media is a must.
- Work with management on projects dealing with media relations, business communications, success stories, influencers, etc
CORE COMPETENCIES : These are personal traits that will best help the associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks that is profitable and trackable.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Candidate must be very articulate, have a sense of humour, easy-going, but very disciplined.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, PR/Advertising or Journalism
- Prefer candidates that have had a good track record in managing music events, gigs, which includes project management and budget planning.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Have a keen eye on creative and looks forward in the latest and trendiest happenings in the dance music scene, be it on social, digital or magazines.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Manager specialized in Marketing/Business Development or equivalent.
WHY JOIN US?
- Fun working environment with an established entertainment company
- We practice vibrant & energetic culture
- PA insurance coverage
- Bi-annual outstation staff party
- Staff dinners and birthday angpows
- Hit target sales incentives
- Annual Bonus